GregoryH46
GregoryH46,
Experience:  Expert
112228356

I have 4 paintings that I have stored in my spare room, I do

I have 4 paintings that I have stored in my spare room, I do not know the artist, decided to sell them at auction or if no value donate to charity shops
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Is there any info on the back of the painting, or a certificate of authenticity?
Customer: signatures of each artist on paintings
JA: Do you know how old the painting is? What condition is it in?
Customer: they are in good condition except one which does have a small crack in the paint.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: can’t think of anything at the moment
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (M74TQ76)
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (G25MVTG)
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (Q7PZLM4)

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Happy to wait to hear back

I am going to spend a few minutes looking at your pictures. Greg

GregoryH46,
Experience: Expert

I would say that all of your pictures are post war and most likely collected in the 1960s. The first two remind me of the sort of original but unimportant oil paintings that one saw on The Bayswater Road on Sunday mornings in the 1960s and 1970s.

They were painted by professional artists but were formulaic and really mass produced for tourists. Similar works were always available (and maybe still are) in Monmatre (Paris). They are decorative and atmospheric and do have a modest value. (perhaps £30/40 each if painted in oils.

The other two (ducks and flowers) are of similar age i believe and will prove slightly less popular. They are probably worth £20 each. Hope that helps you to decide their fate. Greg

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you Greg I realise they are run of the mill stuff but it will help charity shops to sell them at around that price.

Glad to be of assistance. Greg