ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.
59032044

I have 10 uncirculated £1 notes in number order. serial

Customer Question

I have 10 uncirculated £1 notes in number order. serial number S17C 495231 are they worth anything x
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the item in?
Customer: mint uncirculated
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: no
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 10 days ago.

Thanks! Happy to help! A picture of one of the notes would be very helpful as I need a bit more information. You can attach a photo by clicking on the Blue Document Icon by the Red Send Button; https://www.justanswer.com/help/search?f=send+photo

Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 9 days ago.

Hello! A moderator requested that I assist without a photo. While JustAnswer has requested experts assist with all questions, I cannot provide a complete evaluation with the information provided. In absence of a photo I likely cannot provide specific guidance and comparable-supported values. But can provide general information.

The Bank of England £1 note was a banknote of the pound sterling. After the ten shilling note was withdrawn in 1970, it became the smallest denomination note issued by the Bank of England. The one pound note was issued by the Bank of England for the first time in 1797 and continued to be printed until 1984. The note was withdrawn in 1988 in favour of the one pound coin and today a run of ten in sequence from the 1980s would sell for 15 to 18 pounds from a numismatic dealer.