Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

We have a complete burr walnut art deco six-piece bedroom

Customer Question

We have a complete burr walnut art deco six-piece bedroom suite which was damaged in a house fire. We are having difficulty with the insurer's' loss adjuster who, as it seems to us just does not understand what he is dealing with. We need a valuation of the suite. I am able to send an image of an identical suite form the internet.
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the item is?
Customer: It is art Deco style by MP Davis of London made in about 1930.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It is a complete suite, 2 wardrobes, 2 bedsides, 1 dressing table and stool and 1 headboard all in good condition until damaged by the fire.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 16 days ago.

Hello, my name is Glenda
May I ask who I have the pleasure of speaking to?

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks/signatures? There is NO FEE for adding photos

Methods:

1. Text option: You can send photos one at a time via return text. If you are getting texts from me, that’s your number—just REPLY (do not set up a new text). One photo per text and please make sure that there is at least one word typed in the text too so I can confirm it came in.

2. App/website option: There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button. If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos. Or there is a document icon with a blue UP arrow. The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

3. You can email them to***@******.*** and ask them to either attach to this thread (give them the link) or forward them to Glenda B. This method takes at least a few hours to be forwarded, so try 1-3 above first!

If that doesn’t work, please reach out to Customer Service for help at no additional charge:

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us 1(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
My name is***** of the suite have been taken by the insurer for repair. But I can attach a photo of an identical one. They would not accept the valuation on this document.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I will await the e mail response. I need it in writing. JP

I understand, I did not request the phone call, that is an upsell offer by the site, not the appraisers. We come to the site to answer questions that customers ask on the site.

Glenda

Hi John

That did not work for images, that cannot be opened on my end

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Is this better? JP

Can you send me a link to this Ebay listing? It is hard for me to see these small images

Can you send me a link to this Ebay listing? It is hard for me to see these small image

I found the information, if your bedroom set was in good condition.

The  Circa 1930 Bedroom set Art Deco. English,  Original Provenance: England, UK

Burr Walnut

Headboard,  Three-Door Wardrobe,  Two-Door Wardrobe

Dressing  Table with stool

2 Bedsides

This set has a current market value of GBP 10,500.00-11,500.00

If you have any questions about this please feel free asking.

Glenda