ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.
59032044

I am thinking of pirchasing a first edition of ‘Treatise on

Customer Question

I am thinking of pirchasing a first edition of ‘Treatise on Surgery’ by Sharp, 1758 very good edition. What might be a reasonable price?
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the item in?
Customer: Very Good
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: No
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 10 days ago.

Thanks! Today there's one on the market at the 150 pound level, which provides a handy reference point:

(1758). SHARP, Samuel. A TREATISE ON THE OPERATIONS OF SURGERY, WITH A DESCRIPTION AND REPRESENTATION OF THE INSTRUMENTS USED IN PERFORMING THEM: TO WHICH IS PREFIX'D AN INTRODUCTION ON THE NATURE AND TREATMENT OF WOUNDS, ABSCESSES, AND ULCERS. London: Printed for J. and R. Tonson, 1758. 7th edition.

See: https://www.biblio.com/book/treatise-operations-surgery-description-sharp-samuel/d/248197659

Again, thank you and please let me know if I may be of further help with this question.