Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2021
71377891

I have an original oil painting by John Hamilton of Tresco.

Hello, I have an original oil painting by John Hamilton of Tresco. Just wondered if it was worth anything?
JA: Hi there. Is there any info on the back of the painting, or a certificate of authenticity?
Customer: I only now at my late father in law bought it from him while on holiday on Tresco. It is of a wild sea. Immaculate condition.
JA: Do you know how old the painting is?
Customer: He bought it in the 80’s
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Not sure when it was painted

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I can wait. Thank you
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they can see pictures of your items. Please attach pictures using the information here:
https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Thank you for your help and patience,
Tetyana – Moderator
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Photos
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (PSM7246)

Thank you for your question here on justanswer.com.
I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.
Sincerely,
Nora

I will be happy to help you here. Thank you for the images.

Your vintage, framed, seascape painting by John Hamilton (1919 - 1993) has a value of 200GBP - 400GBP.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

Nora

Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2021

Thank you again for trusting JustAnswer with your question and for granting me the opportunity to provide you with an answer.

If you have any additional questions about your item, or need me to clarify anything, please let me know.

I will also be happy to help with more items.

You can request me by name by typing "For Nora" at the beginning of a new question and using this link:

https://justanswer.com/antiques/expert-noratreasurehuntress/

Sincerely,

Nora