AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP, AAA
30223878

We have inherited 9 small personal diaries and notebooks

We have inherited 9 small personal diaries and notebooks written by a frontline soldier in the British Expeditionary Forces (BEF) in France, during WW1. The books contain his poems, prayers and contemporaneous notes from the trenches, plus we have a small published booklet of his poems from that time. Would you be able to advise please how we could get them valued and ultimately sold? We are in the UK. Many thanks.

Received! Can you add a few photos?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Please see attached.

I would reach out to Bonham's in London. They do quite well with British militaria.

It's pretty hard to estimate--I'd suspect in the 2000 range, but they'll give you something more accurate.

https://www.bonhams.com/departments/PIC-TOP/

Let me know if I can help further.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Many thanks Jennifer, that sounds a good way forward.

You're welcome!

Jennifer