Dec Arts Dictionary
Dec Arts Dictionary, Fine Art Auction Services
Experience:  Expert
110793455

I have the Potter book are they worth anything, Yes, yes

Hi I have the Harry Potter book are they worth anything
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Are the pages, cover, and spine in good condition?
Customer: Yes
JA: Do you know how old the book is? Is it a first edition?
Customer: yes they are first additions
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: one of the books has a signature in it but I’m not sure if it is real and another book was giving as a prize at a school

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will wait

Hello, photographs pending - please could you send through the ISBN numbers. They are usually found on the back cover at the bottom of each book.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ISBN 0-7475-3274-5 / with signature
ISBN 0-7475-4215-5
ISBN 0-7475-3849-2
ISBN 0-7475-5100-6
ISBN 0-7475-4624-x

That's great thank you. I will still need to see the books though I am afraid. Just a picture of the front, publication page of each book and the signature.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok how do I send the photos over

Picture uploads

Click the icon with a  blue square and arrow or the paper clip symbol. A pop up window will appear enabling you to search your phone or computer for the pictures, browse your device for a photo. Add one picture at a time.

https://www.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
File attached (4VTQG42)

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

0-7475-3274-5

Copyright - Joanne Rowling not J.K Rowling, a finer detail of the

Paperback 1997 first edition. Although your book is a first edition it is the 8th print run indicated by the 10, 9, 8 on the bottom of the publication page. I am afraid this does significantly reduce the price but the signature is a real bonus. It would be in your best interests to contact a book department at a well known auction house to authenticate the signature before sale. sadly many have been faked and she actually changed her signature a few times which really doesn't help!

Auction estimate £1000

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

0-7475-3849-2

First edition, 1998, first printing

Auction estimate £150

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

0-7475-4215-5

Hardback

First edition 1999, second printing

Auction estimate £70

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

0-7475-4624-x

First Edition 2000

Auction estimate £30

Harry Potter and the Order of the phoenix

0-7475-5100-6

First edition 2003

Auction estimate £10

Be aware book dealers prices are not an accurate comparison to a domestic seller.

If you are wishing to sell I would suggest an auction house such as Bonhams or Bloomsbury's

https://www.bonhams.com/departments/BOK/

https://www.dreweatts.com/departments/bloomsbury-auctions-books-and-manuscripts/

If you have any further questions please do let me know.

For any future valuations, if you wish to contact me directly type “For Jennifer Only” as the first words and I will pick it up. Alternatively use the below link:

http://www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-jenniferw1121/

I welcome a post valuation review and feedback

Experience: Expert
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That’s great thank you for your help
No problem, happy to help