Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I wanted to know the value of an antique sewing machine, im

I wanted to know the value of an antique sewing machine
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the sewing machine is?
Customer: im not sure however the make is Frister & Rossmann
JA: What condition is the sewing machine in?
Customer: good condition I have pictures
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: it is a hand cranked antique sewing machine that’s all

Hello, my name is Glenda
May I ask who I have the pleasure of speaking to?

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks/signatures? There is NO FEE for adding photos

Methods:

1. Text option: You can send photos one at a time via return text. If you are getting texts from me, that’s your number—just REPLY (do not set up a new text). One photo per text and please make sure that there is at least one word typed in the text too so I can confirm it came in.

2. App/website option: There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button. If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos. Or there is a document icon with a blue UP arrow. The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

3. You can email them to***@******.*** and ask them to either attach to this thread (give them the link) or forward them to Glenda B. This method takes at least a few hours to be forwarded, so try 1-3 above first!

If that doesn’t work, please reach out to Customer Service for help at no additional charge:

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us 1(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Okay thanks I will send photos on here now
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My name is Lucinda

Hi Lucinda

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi and what telephone number can I text the pictures to please

Methods:

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Photo 6

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi do I have to switch to a live phone call for a valuation or could I continue the conversation on here as that would be my preference if possible please

I did not request the phone call, that is an upsell offer by the site, not the appraisers. We come to the site to answer questions that customers ask on the site.

Glenda

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Okay thank you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have sent the pictures , did you receive them

Yes, I am looking up the value

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Oh fab thank you!

Please read entire answer.

Frister & Rossmann is a German manufacturer of sewing machines.

Some of the early 1900s manual sewing machines were ornately decorated.

Frister & Rossmann was founded in 1864 in Berlin by Gustav Rossmann and Robert Frister.

The company became Germany's largest sewing machine manufacturer, until 1902.

The London agent was shut down during World War I.

.

Your machine is from early 1900's it is valued at 400.00-450.00 GBP

If you plan on selling. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally.
.
Etsy is a great site.
.
There is also craigslist locally which is free. Ebay is a great option. It does reach a lot of people, but items tend to sell a little lower on there If you do decide to try Ebay, I recommend setting reserves.

.
I would be happy to help you with any additional items you may have. Do not add new item to this answered question.
.

Or send a new question here justanswer.com like this “For Glenda Only” as the first words.
You can also use my direct link here: www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-glenda-b/?rpt=21004 “For Glenda Only” as the first words.
.
I strive to provide the best 5 start service possible, if you have any questions feel free asking me.

Bonuses are also welcome! Many ask where to leave bonuses, adding a bonus is on the Leave a Review page.

I hope you have a great day

Thank you for visiting Just Answer
Glenda

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** be able to help sell the item at all in terms of the best chances of getting g a good sale,
with some of the sale being a bonus for yourself?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
As I feel it may be hard to reach that value on sites such as eBay and Etsy? Are there other avenues that may do better or am I assuming wrongly
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
for future antique items too)

We are not allowed to sell any items sorry. If Ebay or Etsy is not possible then I would suggest trying to sell locally.

I personally would list it on Ebay with a reserve and if it does not sell then try another venue. You might consign it to a shop

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ah I see okay thanks very much for all your information and help!

You are very welcome. I would be happy to help you with any additional items you may have. Do not add new item to this answered question. Or send a new question here justanswer.com like this “For Glenda Only” as the first words.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Okay I do have another item I will send a new message
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi can I enquire about new item here ?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I’m finding it hard to navigate to new question with yourself

Just go back where you asked your first question and be sure to put " For Glenda Only" at the beginning

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Okay thank you

You are welcome,