Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

My mum has a couple of vases and is 89 years and would like

Hello my mum has a couple of vases and is 89 years young and would like to know the meaning of the markings on the bases. One is 6089 A. Then ITA-7 and another very similar with ITA x-1.
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the vase in?
Customer: All three are in mint condition.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: The ITA ones are roughly ten inch tall, oval shaped with blue interior and deer on front with reeds at sides and at back of vases. Both coloured beige, gold, light blue and red enamel paint. The other with numbers on base is a darker blue with a border of black and white Egyptian theme with gold palm tree running through centre of image.

My screen name is*****'s see how I can help you today.

Adding pictures here in this chat is FREE.

UPLOAD pictures of the item to include the front and all writing

on back/bottom (unless it is too heavy). I do not need more than three pictures.

For the best photo, set on white paper on a table if it is a small enough item

(never hold item in your hands).

Use the tool [located on either side of the area where you write to me]

to browse your device for a photo. Add one picture at a time.

Add a message before each photo (phot 1, photo2, photo 3).

I hope to give real-time responses but there are occasions where I take a bit longer.

I will always respond to you as quickly as possible.

No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

Best Regards,

Rarewares

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok will do that ASAP many thanks

Super. No hurry at all.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Here is vase 1 the blue one
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Here are the others two mum was told they were a pair but they are slightly different. For example different numbers on base and deer has three spots on one and only two on other etc
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hope these are ok. Thank you

A) An 1880s English porcelain jardiniere planter vase in blue with an Arabian desert scene band in pattern 6089A, maker unknown, valued at 50GBP

B) A 1950s to 1960s Italian art pottery vase with animal motifs and a textured glaze valued at 120GBP.

For the UK, selency.uk,

loveantiques.com are good sites if you are planning to sell.

I give selling suggestions as a courtesy;
Facebook Marketplace, NextDoor.com, Webstore.com, Varagesale.com,
Offerup.com, and 5miles.com, GoAntiques.com, Truegether.com, Mercari.com, Wanelo.com,
Poshmark.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay.com, Newel.com, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com, liveauctioneers.com or auctionzip.com and search their
directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

HOW DID I DO?
The option to leave a bonus is just after the survey.
the option quickly disappears from the screen.It is on desktop but not on the app.
I am grateful for your consideration and look forward to working with you again soon.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEXT ITEM
I look forward to working with you again soon.
Write FOR RAREWARES in a new message (not in this thread) to get me again.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you so much. Mum has a few items I know she is interested in finding out about so may be back in touch later this afternoon or in a day or two. Much appreciated thank you.

You are so welcome.

I specialize in fine and costume jewelry, porcelain, lamps, books, pottery, glass, furniture,

mid-century modern, art, coins, Asian items,

silver, gold, figurines, clocks, watches, toys, pocket watches, musical items, and dolls.

Write FOR RAREWARES as the first two words in a new message (not in this message) on www.justanswer.com.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Wow ok mum got a smile on her face. Ha ha think I will be going through her loft at this rate. Ok thank you so much and it looks like I will definitely be talking to you again very soon. All the best.

Best to you as well.