Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have recently been left what look like antique silverware,

Customer Question

I have recently been left what look like antique silverware, also two sets of china cups and saucers and a mix of other pieces including silver coins etc. don't know if they are worth much but have no use for them myself so would like to sell them on. how do I get them valued pls.
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Does the silverware have unique or identifying markings?
Customer: Have checked and some of the cutlery are marked. haven't had time to get it all ready yet but could take Photo's and get your opinion
JA: Do you know how old the cutlery is? What condition is it in?
Customer: Good condition. will sort it out and get back to you with pics now that I know what to do. Tks Pearl
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Just enquiring at the minute. Wasn't sure what to do with it so will definitely get back to you daytime tomorrow when I have time to sort it. Was left it by and old friend who passed away last year.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 20 days ago.

My screen name is*****'s see how I can help you today.
Adding pictures here in this chat is FREE.

UPLOAD pictures of the item and include any writing you can find.
I do not need more than three pictures.
For the best photos, set on white paper on a table if it is a small enough item
(never hold an item in your hands).

Use the tool[located on either side of the area where you write to me
to browse your device for a photo. Add one picture at a time with a message before each photo.

I hope to give real-time responses but there are occasions where I take a bit longer.
I will always respond to you as quickly as possible.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.
Best Regards

Expert:  Rarewares replied 19 days ago.

Can you add photos?

Expert:  Rarewares replied 18 days ago.

It looks like you are offline, here is what I can say based on what you've told me. A set of antique silver plated flatware is valued at 6GBP per piece if ti is marked EPNS on the back. A sterling silver set (marked with three to four English hallmarks) is valued at 65 to 80GBP per piece.

I hope this has helped!

-Rarewares

Expert:  Rarewares replied 18 days ago.

Please reach out if anything changes or if you need to follow up. I am going to mark this answer as completed.
Best Regards,
Customerat JustAnswer.com