Dr-Caravaggio
Dr-Caravaggio, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  Art Historian, Certified Appraiser, Curator, Fmr. Museum Director
111234466

I would like a sculptor by Lady Feodora Gleichen to be

Customer Question

I would like a sculptor by Lady Feodora Gleichen to be valued made in 1921 of King Fasil 1st of Iraq…can you help?
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the item in?
Customer: mint
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: No
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
80cm hight x 60cm width approx…
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 16 days ago.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Please continue to find the right person to give me an estimated value?
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 15 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Tetyana-moderator
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Please continue the search…I am somewhat disappointed that such a famous sculpturer with pedigree is still a problem for your valuation team to find someone to provide an answer.Please expand your search…not found an answer is not really very helpful…
Expert:  Dr-Caravaggio replied 13 days ago.

Hello. I’m Art & Antiques ExpertCustomerwith extensive experience in all kinds of antiques and art appraisals. I will be happy to assist you with your query, which was forwarded to me today. I regret that you had to wait so long.

I am referring to the above illustrated bronze bust of King Faisal I of Iraq, dated 1921, by Countess Feodora Gleichen (1861-1922).

In my opinion it can be valued at around 2,500 to 3,500 GBP.

If selling is your plan, here are a few helpful suggestions: To save the work of selling on your own, you could go to LoveAntiques.com, Sellingantiques.co.uk, Antiques.co.uk or Vinterior.co – they are all UK-based. There you can find professional antique dealers and consign your item to them if desired. A bronze of this quality could be also interesting for the major auction houses like Sotheby's, Christie's or Bonhams.

I hope that I have provided you with the information you were seeking.

Please feel free to let me know if you need further clarification or help with this matter.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for coming back to me…Can you provide an estimate I want to make sure sure I am getting a fair price?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have been offered £35k…should I sell?

If you intend to sell the bust, I believe that is a very attractive price.