AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP, AAA
30223878

I have a pair of vases, been told Royal Doultan and Claris

Customer Question

Hi I have a pair of vases, been told Royal Doultan and Claris Cliffe not sure if you can be both?
JA: Hi there. What would you like to learn about the vase? Are there any unique markings or symbols?
Customer: I think so yes there are markings on the bottom
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the vase is? What condition is it in?
Customer: At least 80 years plus very good condition
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: No
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 17 days ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks/signatures? There is NO FEE for adding photos

Methods:

1. BEST OPTION: App/website option: There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button. If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos. Or there is a document icon with a blue UP arrow. The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

2. ONLY AVAILABLE TO SOME ACCOUNTS: Text option: You can send photos one at a time via return text. If you are getting texts from me, that’s your number—just REPLY (do not set up a new text). One photo per text and please make sure that there is at least one word typed in the text too so I can confirm it came in.

3. Social media option: post it with PUBLIC access to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, and send me the link

4. You can email them to *****@******.*** and ask them to either attach to this thread (give them the link) or forward them to AppraiserJM. This method takes at least a few hours to be forwarded, so try 1-3 above first! And make sure to let me know ASAP if you chose email.

If that doesn’t work, please reach out to Customer Service for help at no additional charge:

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us 1(###) ###-####/p>

I look forward to working with you. Sincerely, Jennifer

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
OK will take some photos now

OK!

Jennifer

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
one
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
base
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
base 2
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
base 3
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
top
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
back
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
front
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
no obvious chips or cracks I would say in very good condition

OK!

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
do you want height and width

Sure.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
appx 30cm high and 12cmish at its widest point

One of those marks, the colored one, was in use 1881 – 1910. The other, 1872 – 1914.

So definitely not Clarice Cliff, who was not active before 1922.

A pair of Doulton Lambeth faience vases with a sunflower design, 1881-1910. Baluster form and hand painted.

At resale, $350-$400 for the pair.

Please let me know you got this response. You will be able to rate after I get your confirmation, or your additional questions on this item.

If you have additional questions about this item, I am happy to continue working with you. Just continue our discussion in the reply box. I strive to always provide the best service I can. If you felt I left anything out, please let me know how I can help further.

If you’d like to request me for additional questions, please put “FOR JM ONLY” at the beginning of your question or use this link https://www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-jennem22/

Thanks for joining JustAnswer!

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
will do thanks JM and have screenshot your help. how would I best sell them !

These would be hard to ship safely.

For local sales, you can check with a local antiques mall or large dealer or auction house for a consignment arrangement. You can also try your local Facebook Marketplace groups, and Craigslist, which have no fees. Low-fee options are local listings on Etsy and EBay.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 16 days ago.

Thanks for joining JustAnswer. I hope to help you again in the future!

Sincerely,

Jennifer