Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an old (I think) silver fountain pen probably dating

Customer Question

JA: Hi there! How can I help?
Customer: I have an old (I think) silver fountain pen probably dating from around WW2. The mechanism is being restored at present and is due for return in a few days time. But the remaining part of the restoration still requires to be carried out. This is the restoration of the silver casing and the replacement if the clip which is broken off at the top joint.
JA: Hi there. What would you like to learn about the item?
Customer: Yes. But I have a little more information for you. Very near the break in the clip is the number - either 900 or 925 - and a logo that looks rather like some sort of dragon. I can't see the numbering or the logo very well because they are both so close to the break in the clip.
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Before I do, is there anything else you want them to know about the?
Customer: I can send photos once the pen is returned to be - but unfortunately not before.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 15 days ago.

This is Wayne I am working on your question.
*Please post photos by Clicking on the Blue Document Icon next to the Red Send Button.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I should have indicated that, if possible,I want to find out the origin of the pen, for without that knowledge I shall not be able to specify the type of silver clip I should be replacing.
Expert:  Wayne replied 15 days ago.

Without photos I can't find a match for this I will opt out of this question so others may be able to help you.
Thanks,
Wayne

Expert:  OleksandraC-admin replied 14 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find continuing a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Oleksandra
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
OK I'll wait.