GregoryH46
GregoryH46,
Experience:  Expert
112228356

Looking for some information/valuation on a cocktail cabinet

Customer Question

Looking for some information/valuation on a cocktail cabinet and a cane chair that I have bought but have no idea of date or value.
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Does the cabinet have a maker's mark or serial number?
Customer: Not that I can see
JA: What condition is the cabinet in?
Customer: very good apart from one mark on the top but the chair is in fair condition with a few scratches on legs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Chair has an intricate cane back to it
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
File attached (Q4LT75V)
Expert:  GregoryH46 replied 5 days ago.

Your cocktail cabinet is a good quality example that has burr walnut veneers on the doors. Sitting on cabriole legs, it is typical of the style enjoyed in the mid 20th century.

It is an attractive item of furniture in its own right and would grace dining rooms or large sitting rooms.

Having said all that, they are not as fashionable as they once were and similar examples sell in auction for around £300. You may find people asking much more for them on internet auction sites but those are not a good guide to actual value.

The chair is a very basic model probably from the 1930s. It has a value of £30-£50.

Hope that helps. Greg