Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I have an old accordion that I am looking to sell, however,

Hello, I have an old accordion that I am looking to sell, however, I know nothing about it let alone how much it is worth and need some advice on how to go about getting as much as I can for it. It's currently just gathering dust and I would love for it to go to someone who would appreciate it!
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the item is?
Customer: I am unsure how old it is, I can't find a date on it
JA: What condition is the item in?
Customer: It has a few marks on it. The box it comes in has a lot of damage but the accordion itself is in good condition with a couple of small scratches
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: No I don't think so

Hello, my name is Glenda
May I ask who I have the pleasure of speaking to?

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks/signatures? There is NO FEE for adding photos

Methods:

1. Text option: You can send photos one at a time via return text. If you are getting texts from me, that’s your number—just REPLY (do not set up a new text). One photo per text and please make sure that there is at least one word typed in the text too so I can confirm it came in.

2. App/website option: There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button. If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos. Or there is a document icon with a blue UP arrow. The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

3. If that doesn’t work, please reach out to Customer Service for help at no additional charge:

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us 1(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hello my name is***** have an old accordion which I will send some photos of now.

Hi Jess

Thanks I will be waiting on them

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Sorry, I'm struggling to figure out how to send photos so may take a minute

That is fine.

Text option: You can send photos one at a time via return text. If you are getting texts from me, that’s your number—just REPLY (do not set up a new text). One photo per text and please make sure that there is at least one word typed in the text too so I can confirm it came in.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
1st photo
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
2nd
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
3rx
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
4th
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
5th
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
finally this is the case that is quite damaged

Thank you for the images, can you tell me what name is ***** *****? Do you have the original case for this?
Glenda

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It is a Sorrento. As far as I am aware, that is the original case. I googled Sorrento accordions and they all have cases similar

Hi Jess

The Vintage Sorrento Accordion made in Italy 1940-50's is valued at 250.00-375.00 GBP

If you plan on selling. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally.
.
Etsy is a great site.
.
There is also craigslist locally which is free. Ebay is a great option. It does reach a lot of people, but items tend to sell a little lower on there If you do decide to try Ebay, I recommend setting reserves.

.

Glenda

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
oh that is amazing thank you so much for your help!!

You are welcome.

Thank you again for trusting me with your question and for granting me the opportunity to provide you with an answer.

If you have any additional questions about your item, or need me to clarify anything, please let me know.

I will also be happy to help with more items.

You can request me by name by typing "For Glenda" at the beginning of a new question and using this link:

www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-glenda-b/?rpt=21004

Sincerely,

Glenda