Dec Arts Dictionary
Dec Arts Dictionary, Fine Art Auction Services
Experience:  Expert
110793455

I have a dinner set of 6 of each plates side plates bowls

I have a dinner set of 6 of each plates side plates bowls and cups and saucers in mint Green colour, markers are Arcopal France , wonderful if this item is worth anything?
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Does the plate have unique or identifying markings?
Customer: Yes
JA: Do you know how old the plate is?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: perfect condition

Hello, my screen name is***** I am happy to look over your ceramics - please could you send through a group photograph and another of the Arcopal France backstamp.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (GM1TTL5)

Picture uploads

Click the icon with a  blue square and arrow or the paper clip symbol. A pop up window will appear enabling you to search your phone or computer for the pictures, browse your device for a photo. Add one picture at a time.

For further clarification cut and paste the below link into your https address bar / tool bar. It is at the tip of your screen.

https://www.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Ahh just got them, thanks

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok

Arcopal was established in 1958 under the Arch Holding company which also managed other glass and ceramic companies. It was mass produced for the middle market with a wide range of tableware. Your set is part of the Trianon pattern but in green which is unusual. Ceramic sets such as these don't do well at auction so I would suggest an online sell platform like ebay or etsy with a guide price of £50.  Arcopal is not really a household name so if you do list try putting a popular search word like antique or retro and vintage in the title. I must admit I don't like the use of these two words it is a common search for buyers!

If you have any further questions do let me know.

For any future valuations and industry advice you can contact me directly by typing “For Dec Arts Dictionary” as the first words of of a new appraisal and I will pick it up. Alternatively use the below link:

http://www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-dec-arts-dictionary/

I welcome a post valuation review and feedback.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.