Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I have a book The Grand Alliance by Winston Churchill

I have a book The Grand Alliance by Winston Churchill dedicated to my grandfather Bomber Harris and signed with notes inside by bomber Harris.
JA: What would you like to learn about the book? Are the pages, cover, and spine in good condition?
Customer: Yes very good. Paper cover torn
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the book is? Is it a first edition?
Customer: yes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: no

Thank you for choosing Just Answer

My name is Glenda

Can you tell me the publisher of this book and the publishing date?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Houghton Mifflin Company Boston the riverside press Cambridge 1950
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (16L3MQT)
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (PQ145VP)

Great Pictures

The book The Grand Alliance by Winston Churchill Published by HOUGHTON MIFFLIN, 1950 with Dust Cover signed

Is valued at 600.00-650.00 GBP If you plan on selling. There are some great sites you can sell from.
Etsy is a great site. Ebay is a great option. It does reach a lot of people, but items tend to sell a little lower on there If you do decide to try Ebay, I recommend setting reserves.

Glenda

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Even signed and dedicated to Bomber Harris? I have an offer of 3500
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
P59
On the contrary Pantelleria was taken by one RAF Sergeant Pilot after air bombardment. He was there for 24 hours before the troops arrived ATH
P507 Entirely untrue ! I did not become C in C Bmber Cmd until five months later!! I was in the US at the time as Head of RAF relations! ATH
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Those are the notes by Bomber Harris

That is the most recent actual sold value of this book signed by Winston Church Hill, it was sold in August of 2021

If you have an offer for 3500.00, that is fantastic, I would take it. If this were listed on the current market it would have an estimated value of the most recent one sold.

Glenda

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok but doesn’t it matter who it’s dedicated too and with his notes?

Not really, the only thing collectors look for are Winston Churchill's actual signature. He dedicated a lot of books to different persons.