Anna Behrendtzen
Anna Behrendtzen, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Jewelry Expert Gemologist (GIA)
110757732

I’ve inherited a yellow metal ( maybe gold but no hallmarks

I’ve inherited a yellow metal ( maybe gold but no hallmarks that I can see) and purple stone necklace ( maybe amethyst) so not sure if it’s worth anything. Could you please advise on possible options?
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the necklace is?
Customer: Ok but not sure of age. It belonged to my mother in law but don’t have any more info
JA: What condition is the necklace in?
Customer: Fair condition with 3 separate links/ stones that could be added to it. It could be worn as is
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Cant think of anything

My name is ***** ***** I’d love to help you with your question!
However, I will need to see pictures of your items before I can offer information or a valuation. Please attach pictures using the information given here:

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

If you have several items then start a new thread/request per item. If you write

'FOR ANNA' in headline the question comes to me.

(The system may ask you for a call, you can choose to have the call, but if you are not interested, you can just ignore it)

I might not be online when you have uploaded your photos, but I will get back to you as soon as I have a valuation or other questions for you.

Thank you in advance,

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
FOR ANNA
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
FOR ANNA 2
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
FOR ANNA 3

Thank you. What I think you have is a silver set with amethysts.From around 1930-40s. A market valuation is approx. $200. But I would go past a jeweler for a second opinion about the stones. The might be synthetic.

I hope this information was helpful!

I am happy to answer follow-up questions.

If you want to sell your item then here are a few suggestions:

Facebook Marketplace, NextDoor.com, Webstore.com, Varagesale.com

GoAntiques.com, Truegether.com, Mercari.com, Wanelo.com, Poshmark.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com.

If you have several jewelry items then start a new thread/request per item. If you write

I strive to always provide five-star service, please let me know if you like more information about your item. As the assessment is made online and with the reservations and uncertainty it provides, I would recommend a physical assessment before a possible sale.

Sincerely

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Many thanks. This was very helpful

I am glad I could help! Have a nice day. Regards Anna