Dec Arts Dictionary
Dec Arts Dictionary, Fine Art Auction Services
Experience:  Expert
110793455

Please can you date a vase, Dark pink marking Hadleys

Please can you date a vase
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Are there any unique markings or symbols on the vase?
Customer: Dark pink marking Hadleys Worcester Looks like J H&S in the centre and the word faience diagonally across
JA: What condition is the vase in?
Customer: very good no chips or glaze cracks
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: it’s painted in dark green flowers and leaves with gold edges
Hello, my screen name is***** I would be happy to take a look over your vase - please could you send through clear photographs of the front, back and backstamp on the bottom. 

To upload photographs

Click the icon with a  blue square and arrow or the paper clip symbol. A pop up window will appear enabling you to search your phone or computer for the pictures, browse your device for a photo. Add one picture at a time.

https://www.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
When am I getting an expert?
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Hope this is ok
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Back
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Mark

That is great thank you. I just need to identify the pattern number and I will get back to you shortly.

This vase dates from C.1897. around the time when James Hadley (1837 - 1903) left the Royal Worcester factory and set up on his own. It is made from Faience which is a tin-glazed earthernware which gives the appearance of porcelain. The 114 / 2 is a factory mark.

If you are looking to sell you could approach a local auction house or post on an online auction platform such as ebay or etsy with a guide price of £130.

Do let me know if you have any further questions.

For any future valuations and industry advice you can contact me directly by typing “For Dec Arts Dictionary” as the first words of the message and I will pick it up. Alternatively use the below link:

http://www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-dec-arts-dictionary/

I welcome a post valuation review and feedback.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I have a few pieces I could use help with.
Do you know an porcelain artist names J Derbyshire?
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I have seen this piece in white
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Back
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Mark

Hello, apologies for the delay. This jug has been troubling me - I have found only three references to the artist J. Derbyshire and no one really knows who he is! The vase is probably unmarked Royal Worcester and would have a resale value of £80.