Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a Galileo thermometer that has black discs not

Customer Question

I have a Galileo thermometer that has black discs not coloured balls I would like to find out how old it is
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the item in?
Customer: perfect condition
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: no
Category: Antiques
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 21 days ago.
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they can see pictures of your items. Please attach pictures using the information here:
https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Please add photos of up to 3 similar items only per question page.
Thank you for your help and patience,
Tetyana – Moderator
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
File attached (ZQ3STTM)
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Sorry for the delay
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 19 days ago.

Good morning,

Happy to help! Researching this for you right now. Please allow me some time to look through the records and databases.

Jennifer

Can I please see the label/maker's marks on this?

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Sorry there are no marks or labels

So this is a Galileo style thermometer, but not a Galileo brand thermometer?

Jennifer

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have quite a few of these thermometer none have any markings all are different colours and shape and easy bought but this one black one is very different and I can’t find another one anywhere so just won’t to know how old it is

Thanks. I really don't have enough to go on to match it, so I'll opt out.

Jennifer

Expert:  OleksandraC-admin replied 18 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find continuing a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Oleksandra
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
It’s ok it seems like I will never get an answer to this so I will keep looking myself thank you