AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP, AAA
30223878

I have a tapestry that was handed down from my mother. It is

I have a tapestry that was handed down from my mother. It is American and has the US flag with 13 stars which was 1777 but I don't know when other star were added.
JA: What would you like to learn about the item?
Customer: I was to know if it is of any value and if it is how to sell it to someone who can look after it.
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the item in?
Customer: Its in very good condition but it has one patch of moth damage.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: No, I can send images

Hi, my name is***** a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks/signatures? There is NO FEE for adding photos

Methods:

1. BEST OPTION: App/website option: There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button. If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos. Or there is a document icon with a blue UP arrow. The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

2. ONLY AVAILABLE TO SOME ACCOUNTS: Text option: You can send photos one at a time via return text. If you are getting texts from me, that’s your number—just REPLY (do not set up a new text). One photo per text and please make sure that there is at least one word typed in the text too so I can confirm it came in.

3. Social media option: post it with PUBLIC access to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, and send me the link

4. You can email them to *****@******.*** and ask them to either attach to this thread (give them the link) or forward them to AppraiserJM. This method takes at least a few hours to be forwarded, so try 1-3 above first! And make sure to let me know ASAP if you chose email. The email must come from the address you used to sign up for JustAnswer.

If that doesn’t work, please reach out to Customer Service for help at no additional charge:

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us 1(###) ###-####/p>

I look forward to working with you. Sincerely, Jennifer

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you Here are some images. There are more damage parts than I thought. I will photograph and send them ASAP.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Sorry I only seem able to send one photo. Bear with me while I get some technical help.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi I only seem to be able to send one image at a time.

Sorry! I see the corner of this, it's a lovely woven coverlet, very popular in the area. Can you upload just 1 more photo, that shows me the entire thing?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
This is the whole thing and part of the side panel that shows the flag. I can’t remember if I told you but there is a bit more damage than I thought.,I can send more photos tomorrow if needed. Many thanks

The video is trimmed, it also only shows that corner area.

Jennifer

Let me know if you can get photos today!

Jennifer

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi here are pics of the main damage. The piece I have is 223cm x 96cm. I realize now that it has been cut from a much longer piece. One end is cut and the other end is ‘finished’ the motif repeats along the piece and it seems to be reversible. Thanks for your help.

Oh I see--you only have that piece in the photo? Yes, this is from a large coverlet.

Honestly, a fragmentary piece has little to no value.
jennifer

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you for letting me know and thank you for your time.

You're welcome.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Jennifer was helpful and very quick with her responses.

Happy to help!

Jennifer