marks699
marks699,
Experience:  dasdasd
112996622

I have an antique table dating back to the 1800s. Has been

Customer Question

I have an antique table dating back to the 1800s. Has been in my family but now I live in a lodge and it does not fit anywhere... I have no idea of its value. Can you help?
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the table in?
Customer: Obviously small marks but good quality
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I don't know...
Category: Antiques
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 15 days ago.
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they can see pictures of your items. Please attach pictures using the information here:
https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Please add photos of up to 3 similar items only per question page.
Thank you for your help and patience,
Tetyana – Moderator
Expert:  marks699 replied 15 days ago.

Hi, this is Mark with JA. I’ve been in the antiques and art business for nearly half a century. I think I can help with the table. Can you send some pics? An overall shot, a close-up well-focused detail or two, one of the back or underside, and a good, clear shot of the maker’s marks or signatures, if any?

Photos should be attached to this thread. Here’s some help with sending files. Look for any of these links, depending on the device and browser you are using (see attachment). If that doesn’t work, try this link for more help: https://www.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert. If all else fails, try calling Customer Service at(###) ###-#### and they should be able to help. Also, if you’re using a smartphone, JustAnswer has a free phone app.

Expert:  marks699 replied 15 days ago.

I’m just about to step away from the desk for a few hours. I’ll be back on board at about 12:30 PM Eastern Time USA, today, Wednesday. If you wish to send over some pics, I’ll get them then. If you’re not available when I respond, you should find my reply when you log in again. Fair enough?

Expert:  marks699 replied 14 days ago.

I’m just about to step away from the desk for the evening. I’ll be back on board at about 6 AM Eastern Time USA, tomorrow, Thursday. If you wish to send over some pics, I’ll get them then. If you’re not available when I respond, you should find my reply when you log in again. Fair enough?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (1S55ZLP)
Expert:  marks699 replied 14 days ago.

Got the photos.  Thanks.  Checking now....

Expert:  marks699 replied 14 days ago.

Beautiful carved table top.  Likely late Victorian.  Probably late 19th / early 20th century.  Wood appears to be mahogany. Possible India origin.  Resale value £300-400.

Expert:  marks699 replied 14 days ago.

Best of luck with it. If you’d like my personal help with any other items, please feel free to start another question (not in this chat window) by going back to www.justanswer.com and starting a new one. If you wish, you can ask for me by my screen name,Customer. Start the question with "FOR MARK APPRAISALS ONLY..." and I should be able to find it. You can also use either the "Ask me a new question" feature on your “My Questions” page or to add me to your Favorite Experts list if you would like to connect with me again. Cheers! Mark