Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have some very small gemstones 2 black opal and 1 midnight

I have some very small gemstones 2 black opal and 1 midnight blue sapphire and i wanted to understand the value
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the item is?
Customer: they were with my grandmothers jewellery collection so old but no idea how old sorry thats not very helpful
JA: What condition is the jewelry in?
Customer: they are small single gemstones and various other most is good condition and most of the jewelry is victorian i think
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: nothing i can tell them lol

Hello, I'm Rarewares. I have been on justanswer.com for 11 years. Add photos of the three gemstones on white paper.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (SM3G71M)

A) one cushion-cut natural blue sapphire loose gemstone valued at 300 pounds sterling.

B) two cabochon-cut black opals in an oval shape, valued at 100 each.

Let me know if you have read the answer by writing thank you. I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have related to this answer. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can begin a new request back on the website and start it with @rarewares as the first word (instead of Hi or Hello) in order to have me be the one that helps. Best Regards, Rarewares

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I also had 2 other very different pieces that I needed advice on and unfortunately, they are not going to be used by me but I have no idea how where or what to sell them for if there even of any value

You are welcome. If you would like to ask me about another item, start a new post (not in this chat) on the website www.justanswer.com with @rarewares as the first written word.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (TPZMLZL)

This goes beyond the scope of your original inquiry. If you would like to ask me another question, you can add me as a favorite Expert then type @ followed by my name (@rarewares: I have two pins) in your next chat.