Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I have a tea set... cups, saucers and plates with milk jug

I have a tea set... cups, saucers and plates with milk jug and sugar bowl which is Salisbury fine bone china but I cannot find another like it on the internet an am trying to age and value it I wonder if you could help?
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Does the tea set have unique or identifying markings?
Customer: I have photos... It has a number on the bottom of the tea cups 8340 or 834 with 0 underneath it. It appears to be quite old
JA: What condition is the tea set in?
Customer: It's in good condition, just the usual wear on the gold at the edges which would be expected for the age I believe it is
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Not really... I have some good photos of it

My name is Glenda,

I have been an appraiser on JustAnswer.com for over 10 years.

I am glad to help you.

May I ask who I am speaking to?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Sure, my name is Mel

Hello Mel

Nice to meet you

Can you send a picture of this?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (2M442M1)
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It's very pretty!

Can you show me the mark on the bottom?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Sure that's in the photo 4 attached above
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (ZZ16LGZ)

Can you tell me how many pieces you have in the set and what the pieces are?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Sure....there are six tea cups, six saucers and six plates (presume cake plates) along with a milk jug and sugar bowl with two additional saucers which I would put with the jug and bowl

Thank you, ***** ***** looking this  up be right back

From 1927 to 1949 company was named "Salisbury Crown China Co"

manufactured at the  Salisbury Works, Longton, Stoke on Trent in 1961 the company was taken over by Thomas Poole and moved to Chadwick Street, Longton - finally closed c.1970

The Salisbury Tea Set Fine Bone China, Pattern 834, circa:1930's  is valued at 250.00-275.00 GBP. If you have any questions about this answer please feel free asking me.

Glenda

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Lovely thank you Glenda

You are very welcome,

If you have anything else you need help with you can send me a new question ( not added to this completed question go back to the site to ask new question ) like this " For Glenda Only" 

I will be happy to help.

I will mark this one completed so it can be closed out now.

Thank you for using Just Answer

Glenda