Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Rarewares Date and value for this silver Egg cup(duck?)

Customer Question

CustomerDate and value for this silver Egg cup(duck?)
Markings are WH&sons Ltd, crown, passant lion, S
Weighs 109.04gms
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Pic1
Expert:  Rarewares replied 6 days ago.

This is an English sterling silver goblet made by William Hutton and Sons of Sheffield, England 1880 to 1920, valued at 80 to $110.

Let me know if you have read the answer by writing thank you. I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have related to this answer. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can begin a new request back on the website and start it with @rarewares as the first word (instead of Hi or Hello) in order to have me be the one that helps. Best Regards, Customer

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 6 days ago.

You are welcome. If you would like to ask me about another item, start a new post (not in this chat) on the website www.justanswer.com with @rarewares as the first written word. I specialize in fine and costume jewelry, porcelain, lamps, books, pottery, electronics, glass, radios, furniture, mid-century modern, art, coins, Asian items, silver, gold, figurines, clocks, watches, toys, pocket watches, musical items, and dolls.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It seems too small for a goblet? 70mm/2.75in
Expert:  Rarewares replied 6 days ago.

If it is small then it is an egg cup.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 6 days ago.

You are welcome.