marks699
marks699,
Experience:  dasdasd
112996622

I have found some very old books whilst clearing my late

Hi. I have found some very old books whilst clearing my late Father's house
JA: Hi there. What would you like to learn about the book? Are the pages, cover, and spine in good condition?
Customer: Some are and some are not so good. Yes please
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the book is? Is it a first edition?
Customer: It doesn't have an ISBN. I'm not sure . There is an inscription from 1918.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It's Oliver Twist

Hi, this is Mark with JA. I’ve been in antiques and art business for nearly half a century. I think I can I help with the books. Can you send some photos? An overall shot of the cover and spine, a detail or two, one of the title page with publishing data, anything that is on the back of that page. An illustration or two, if any?

Photos should be attached to this thread. Here’s some help with sending files. Look for any of these links, depending on the device and browser you are using (see attachment). If that doesn’t work, try this link for more help: https://www.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert. If all else fails, try calling Customer Service at(###) ###-#### and they should be able to help. Also, if you’re using a smartphone, JustAnswer has a free phone app.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I can't send the pictures .
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (G75SVL1)
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Is this sufficient?
Might be sufficient.  Is there anything on the back of the title page.  If so, can you send a pic of it?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No dates and just the green peacock design.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (TS5TZZT)

OK.  Thanks. Got the photos.  Checking now....

Re; Oliver Twist, published by Ward, Lock & Co.  No publication date given.  But ca. 1910.  Green cloth covered boards.  Good condition.  Resale value £7-£9.

Best of luck with it. If you’d like my personal help with any other items, please feel free to start another question (not in this chat window) by going back to www.justanswer.com and starting a new one. If you wish, you can ask for me by my screen name, marks699 . Start the question with "FOR MARK APPRAISALS ONLY..." and I should be able to find it. You can also use either the "Ask me a new question" feature on your “My Questions” page or to add me to your Favorite Experts list if you would like to connect with me again. Cheers! Mark