Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a Shelley candlestick and would like to know what

I have a Shelley candlestick and would like to know what it’s worth
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Does the candlestick have a maker's mark or serial number?
Customer: Yes. It has Shelley in a green shape and made in England underneath. It also has numbers on the base.
JA: Do you know how old the candlestick is? What condition is it in?
Customer: No, I don’t know how old it is. It’s in fairly good condition. Black with a wide rim of green leaves, pink rose and blue flowers. The number underneath reads Rd.673706 one side and on another(###) ###-####
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: There is a hairline crack on the base but is very minimal.

Hello, I'm Rarewares. Let's get started! Add photos of the item (on white paper) and any writing on the bottom or back. I will be answering in writing once I review the pictures, research, and write the answer. Best Regards, Rarewares

A Shelley of England porcelain single candlestick made in 1920 to 1921, valued at 25 pounds sterling (crack noted).

Let me know if you have read the answer by writing thank you. I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have related to this answer. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can begin a new request back on the website and start it with @rarewares as the first word (instead of Hi or Hello) in order to have me be the one that helps. Best Regards, Rarewares

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank-you, that’s most helpful.

You are welcome. If you would like to ask me about another item, start a new post (not in this chat) on the website www.justanswer.com with @rarewares as the first written word. I specialize in fine and costume jewelry, porcelain, lamps, books, pottery, electronics, glass, radios, furniture, mid-century modern, art, coins, Asian items, silver, gold, figurines, clocks, watches, toys, pocket watches, musical items, and dolls.