GregoryH46
GregoryH46,
Experience:  Expert
112228356

I have some gramophone discs, .8722, no I said I have discs,

Customer Question

I have some gramophone discs
JA: What would you like to learn about the gramophone? Do you have a maker's mark or serial number?
Customer: B.8722
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the gramophone is? What condition is it in?
Customer: no I said I have discs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: i don’t think so
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Are they worth anything
Expert:  GregoryH46 replied 20 days ago.
I wonder if you have some of the very old black lacquer records that were the version BEFORE vinyl.

Please can you upload one or two photos.

In advance of that though I ought to say that almost NONE of the early records have any value. Popular music was distributed in absolutely enormous numbers and many of these (millions) still exist. Some jazz recordings and some American labels (that we never see in UK) are in demand but they are by definition very rare and you are unlikely to have them Greg

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
That’s a few
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
2
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
3
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
4
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
5
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
6
These are of course the normal 'run of the mill' examples. I have very many such items in my shop. They are of very small value. Sorry. Greg