Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Was looking at a Satsuma vase with gargoyle handles and a

Customer Question

Was looking at a Satsuma vase with gargoyle handles and a base with it.
JA: What would you like to learn about the vase? Are there any unique markings or symbols?
Customer: Circle with cross in middle on vase, raised. Signature on the bottom and glazed into base round edges
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the vase is? What condition is it in?
Customer: Similar ones without handles are 1930s Meija from I can gather. Good condition, slight rubbings along base.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
File attached (LG6G53T)
Expert:  Rarewares replied 19 days ago.

Hello, Thank you for your photos. Please bear with me while I put the information together and type my answer. This may take a little time. Rest assured, I am on the case! -Rarewares

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No thanks
Expert:  Rarewares replied 19 days ago.

This is a Meiji period (1868 to 1912) Japanese Satsuma vase with elephant head handles, lohans and sages and the Shimazu crest, valued at $150 to $200. 

Let me know if you have read the answer by writing thank you. I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have related to this answer. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can begin a new request back on the website and start it with @rarewares as the first word (instead of Hi or Hello) in order to have me be the one that helps. Best Regards, Customer/p>

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 19 days ago.

You are welcome. If you would like to ask me about another item, start a new post (not in this chat) on the website www.justanswer.com with @rarewares as the first written word.