AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP, AAA
30223878

I beleive I have a albumen picture of the Colleseum sate

I beleive I have a albumen picture of the Colleseum sate 1852 the earliest I have seen and signed but but a name I cannot fine good size in fantastic condition good size 13.5 x 9.5 inches
JA: What would you like to learn about the item?
Customer: its rarity for that year?
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Before I do, is there anything else you want them to know about the?
Customer: value?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (57V2MV3)
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi also have these other two also dated and signed the forum one is damaged bottom left
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The earliest I can find have been from 1860

Good morning,

Happy to help! Researching this for you right now. Please allow me some time to look through the records and databases.

Jennifer

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
HI Jennifer of the three I sent you the Colosseum is by far the best quality and seems the foreground has not been cleared as in others I have seen from 1860 with very good clarity and minimal fading, and no damage. Thanks Jon

Frederic Flacheron (French, 1813–1883)

Le Colisée. Rome. Italie. 1852. Salt print.

And two other examples.

At resale, these salt prints by Flacheron, the earlier ones like yours, tend to resell at auction in the range of

£900-£2000 each. I'm not really able to assess condition based on your photos, but you can, so that gives you a good idea of where they'd likely fall.

The caveat, however, is that they sell in that range in Italy, much less so in the UK, and of course cross-border sales are more complicated now post-Brexit.

Please let me know you got this response, and if I can help you further with this item.

Thanks for joining JustAnswer!

Sincerely,

Jennifer

If you have additional questions about this item, I am happy to continue working with you. Just continue our discussion in the reply box. I strive to always provide the best service I can. If you felt I left anything out, please let me know how I can help further.

If you’d like to request me for additional questions, please put “FOR JM ONLY” at the beginning of your question or use this link https://www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-jennem22/

Thanks for joining JustAnswer!

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Thanks for joining JustAnswer. I hope to help you again in the future!

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks!

You're welcome! What a wonderful collection!

Jennifer