Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a thistle topped pepper mil silver the marks are as

Customer Question

Hello I have a thistle topped pepper mil silver the marks are as follwes
JA: Hi there. What would you like to learn about the item? Do you know how old it is?
Customer: jn&s a thistle a castle and the letter that looks like an R bit could be a fancy k
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the letter in?
Customer: perfect
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: no That’s all I can tell you
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I'mCustomer Let's get started! Add photos of the item (on white paper) and any writing on the bottom or back. I will be answering in writing once I review the pictures, research, and write the answer. Best Regards,Customer/p>

Expert:  Rarewares replied 17 days ago.

This is a set of sterling silver salt and pepper shakers made by James Ness and Son of Edinburgh, Scotland, made 1950s+, valued at 100 pounds sterling.

Let me know that you have read the answer by responding. Then I can mark it as completed. I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have related to this answer. Start new requests with the written word "@Rarewares" within the message. Writing my name is ***** ***** way to be sure that I will be the one answering. Best Regards, Customer/p>

Expert:  Rarewares replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I do hope that my answer has helped! I want to be sure that I have answered to your satisfaction, so feel free to contact me if there is more to chat about concerning this particular item. I will mark this answer as completed so that it can be processed, but feel free to ask any follow-ups here about the item. If you have another item, choose "ask this expert another question" and write @rarewares in with the description of the next item. I specialize in fine and costume jewelry, porcelain, lamps, books, pottery, glass, furniture, mid-century modern, art, coins, Asian items, silver, gold, figurines, clocks, watches, toys, pocket watches, musical items, and dolls. Best Regards,Customer/p>