AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP, AAA
30223878

I have 2 St Denis red enamel vases. They’re decorated in an

Customer Question

I have 2 St Denis red enamel vases. They’re decorated in an art nouveau pattern in gold
JA: What would you like to learn about the piece?
Customer: their age and their worth
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the piece in?
Customer: both pieces are perfect
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I think they’re a basic white glass, overlaid with red and decorated with gold in an art nouveau pattern. Labelled on bottom St Denis
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 16 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks/signatures? There is NO FEE for adding photos

Methods:

1. BEST OPTION: App/website option: There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button. If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos. Or there is a document icon with a blue UP arrow. The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

2. ONLY AVAILABLE TO SOME ACCOUNTS: Text option: You can send photos one at a time via return text. If you are getting texts from me, that’s your number—just REPLY (do not set up a new text). One photo per text and please make sure that there is at least one word typed in the text too so I can confirm it came in.

3. Social media option: post it with PUBLIC access to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, and send me the link

4. You can email them to *****@******.*** and ask them to either attach to this thread (give them the link) or forward them to AppraiserJM. This method takes at least a few hours to be forwarded, so try 1-3 above first! And make sure to let me know ASAP if you chose email. The email must come from the address you used to sign up for JustAnswer.

If that doesn’t work, please reach out to Customer Service for help at no additional charge:

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us 1(###) ###-####/p>

I look forward to working with you. Sincerely, Jennifer

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I’ve just paid £5 to join but I can’t see any valuation or request for photos.

You actually just responded to my photo request--should I redo it?

Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 15 days ago.

Will you be able to add photos, or let me know if you can't?

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I can send photos but not if it going to cost any more money. I would prefer to take the vases to be valued in person, if any extra payment is required.
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 14 days ago.

It does not require additional payment to add photos.

Jennifer

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I need an email address so that I can send the photos of the vases. I got this App thing but have no idea how to use it.

Sincerely,,

Jennifer

Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 13 days ago.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 12 days ago.

A pair of St Denis vases. Red enamel, with gold pattern in the Art Nouveau taste. Glass.

Resale range $200-$600 for the pair.

Please let me know you got this response, and if I can help you further with this item.

Thanks for joining JustAnswer!

Sincerely,

Jennifer

If you have additional questions about this item, I am happy to continue working with you. Just continue our discussion in the reply box. I strive to always provide the best service I can. If you felt I left anything out, please let me know how I can help further.

If you’d like to request me for additional questions, please put “FOR JM ONLY” at the beginning of your question or use this link https://www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-jennem22/

Thanks for joining JustAnswer!

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Valuation was $200-600. Quite a difference. I never told you how tall they are either.

Exactly. Every day for 5 days I have asked you for photos and more information, but you did not respond with them. Once I hit 5 days, I have to give the best answer I can based on what was already there.

The large range is because there are a ranges of styles and sizes, and you did not provide photographs or measurements. Smaller and less desirable, around $200, larger and more desirable, around $600, and all the possibilities therein.

If you do provide photographs in the future, I can certainly narrow down the range.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I sent 3 photos in to the email address which you sent to me and marked it ‘for the attention of Jennifer M’ 1 Photo of the tops of vases, 1 head-on view and 1 of the bottom view showing the St Denis stamp. I don’t tell lies and I did send them
Kind regards, ***** *****
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 11 days ago.

OK! Somehow they were never forwarded to me--I did say, in my first post. "And make sure to let me know ASAP if you chose email"
so I can follow up with the central office.

I'll do that right now.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It doesn’t matter Jennifer. I had notification yesterday that my money had been refunded by your customer support team. So technically I am no longer privy to valuations.
Christine Hawkins.