Tony T
Tony T,
Experience:  Auction Manager Appraisals at Cobdown Auction
117098776

I had a dealer give me £350 for fourteen Coalport figurines.

I had a dealer give me £350 for fourteen Coalport figurines. They were in mint condition. Was this a fair price? Thank you.
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the figurine is?
Customer: I am 84 yrs old and my late husband bought my first one when I was 18.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: The dealer chose 14 from 53. I only wanted an estimate but unfortunately I was very uncomfortable and just accepted it. I have got 40 left.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer today, my name is***** have 16 years of experience across the field of antiques, supported by a Master’s Degree (with Distinction) in Antiques awarded by the University of Central Lancashire in the UK. I am happy to help with your question today. Please bear with me as I may need to ask you some clarifying questions. Thank you!

Hi, during my degree course we undertook a module on pricing strategy. You need to assume that the dealer probably bought the best pieces and will sell them for double what he paid. Therefore a 100% profit at worst. Obviously the retail value would have been much higher if you had sold them individually yourself.

I hope this helps.

My goal is to provide you with an excellent service. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to ask – I am happy to help further

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.

Simply reply back if you require additional information and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions. Thank you and I wish you the best

Tony