AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP, AAA
30223878

I have a very old paraffin oil lamp ith brass and onyx base/

Hi. I have a very old paraffin oil lamp ith brass and onyx base/ about 90 years old. Can i attach photos for you?
JA: Hi there. What would you like to learn about the lamp? Do you have a maker's mark or serial number?
Customer: i cant make out the 3 digits on the base. Sorry
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the lamp in?
Customer: very good condition with one chip only on the base
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Its British made. The glass chimney has been replaced over the years.

Hi, my name is***** a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks/signatures? There is NO FEE for adding photos

Methods:

1. BEST OPTION: App/website option: There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button. If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos. Or there is a document icon with a blue UP arrow. The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

2. ONLY AVAILABLE TO SOME ACCOUNTS: Text option: You can send photos one at a time via return text. If you are getting texts from me, that’s your number—just REPLY (do not set up a new text). One photo per text and please make sure that there is at least one word typed in the text too so I can confirm it came in.

3. Social media option: post it with PUBLIC access to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, and send me the link

4. You can email them to *****@******.*** and ask them to either attach to this thread (give them the link) or forward them to AppraiserJM. This method takes at least a few hours to be forwarded, so try 1-3 above first! And make sure to let me know ASAP if you chose email. The email must come from the address you used to sign up for JustAnswer.

If that doesn’t work, please reach out to Customer Service for help at no additional charge:

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us 1(###) ###-####/p>

I look forward to working with you. Sincerely, Jennifer

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (4QGSV64)

Received!

Jennifer

Oil lamp, British Make hardware. Bronze stand, on a black-enameled pottery base. Embossed milk glass body with a leaf pattern. Early 20th century.

At resale, €100-125.

Please let me know you got this response, and if I can help you further with this item.

Thanks for joining JustAnswer!

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Received with thanks

You’re welcome.

If you have additional questions about this item, I am happy to continue working with you. Just continue our discussion in the reply box. I strive to always provide the best service I can. If you felt I left anything out, please let me know how I can help further.

If you’d like to request me for additional questions, please put “FOR JM ONLY” at the beginning of your question or use this link https://www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-jennem22/

Thanks for joining JustAnswer!

Sincerely,

Jennifer