marks699
marks699,
Experience:  dasdasd
112996622

I have some Asian antiques which my mother bought which I

Customer Question

I have some Asian antiques which my mother bought which I would like valued
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the item is?
Customer: I think the lamps are possibly 1920s not sure about the silver ship
JA: Does the lamp have a maker's mark or serial number?
Customer: Not that I can see but the ship is signed
JA: What condition is the lamp in?
Customer: 2 good 1 slightly worn
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: No
Category: Antiques
Expert:  marks699 replied 12 days ago.

Hi, this is Mark with JA. I’ve been in the antiques and art business for nearly half a century. I think I can help with the Asian antiques. Can you send some photos? An overall shot, a close-up well-focused detail or two, one of the back or underside, and a good, clear shot of the maker’s marks or signatures, if any?

Photos should be attached to this thread. Here’s some help with sending files. Look for any of these links, depending on the device and browser you are using (see attachment). If that doesn’t work, try this link for more help: https://www.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert. If all else fails, try calling Customer Service at(###) ###-#### and they should be able to help. Also, if you’re using a smartphone, JustAnswer has a free phone app.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi... please see attached.. thanks
Expert:  marks699 replied 12 days ago.
Got the photos.  Thanks.  

I have some questions ahead of you, but I promise I won’t lose you, OK?

Expert:  marks699 replied 12 days ago.

Back on it.  Sorry for the wait.  Checking now....

Expert:  marks699 replied 12 days ago.

I can take on three items per question.

Re; Geisha figurine lamp, porcelain, swirled fabric shade, probably mid 20th century, resale value $90-$100.

Re; Japanese porcelain court figure lamp with dog, mid 20th century, resale value $80-$100.

Re; Japanese pagoda figural lamp, resale value $60-$70.

Expert:  marks699 replied 12 days ago.

For the others, if you don’t mind, it would be best to start another question by going back to www.justanswer.com and starting a new one (not in this chat window). If you wish, you can ask for me by my screen name,Customer. Start the question with "FOR MARK APPRAISALS ONLY..." and I should be able to find it. You can also use either the "Ask me a new question" feature on your “My Questions” page or to add me to your Favorite Experts list if you would like to connect with me again. Thanks. Mark

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Many thanks..
Expert:  marks699 replied 12 days ago.

My pleasure!