marks699
marks699,
Experience:  dasdasd
112996622

I have a noble still life painting how can i get it valued,

Customer Question

Hi i have a John noble still life painting how can i get it valued
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Is there any info on the back of the painting, or a certificate of authenticity?
Customer: yes ref m.a.s 1069 still life with flowers by john noble
JA: What condition is the painting in?
Customer: excellent
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: says also the medci society*****london by app. to the late king george v
Category: Antiques
Expert:  marks699 replied 10 days ago.

Hi, this is Mark with JA. I’ve been in the antiques and art business for nearly half a century. I think I can help with the painting. Can you send some photos? An overall shot, a close-up well-focused detail or two, one of the back or underside, and a good, clear shot of the maker’s marks or signatures, if any?

Photos should be attached to this thread. Here’s some help with sending files. Look for any of these links, depending on the device and browser you are using (see attachment). If that doesn’t work, try this link for more help: https://www.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert. If all else fails, try calling Customer Service at(###) ###-#### and they should be able to help. Also, if you’re using a smartphone, JustAnswer has a free phone app.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (74V57Z5)
Expert:  marks699 replied 10 days ago.

Got the photos.  Thanks.

Wednesday morning and I’m just getting started. I have some questions ahead of you, but I promise I won’t lose you, OK?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
ok
Expert:  marks699 replied 10 days ago.

Sorry, I've buried with questions and I've been running on empty all morning. I'm going to have to take a break. I’m just about to step away from the desk for a few hours. I’ll be back on board at about 12 noon Eastern Time USA, today, Wednesday. If you’re not available when I respond, you should find my reply when you log in again. Fair enough?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
umm ok
Expert:  marks699 replied 10 days ago.

Back on it.  Sorry for the wait.  Checking now....

Expert:  marks699 replied 10 days ago.

James Noble (1919-1989) was a British artist, well-known for his ultra-realistic floral still life portrayals.  The label verso indicates the Medici Society, founded in 1908, who promoted artists' individual works, but also sold prints through shops and galleries.  In this Internet format, it can be difficult to determine if a work is original or a print, especially with highly realistic works like this one.  So I'm proceeding on the assumption that your still life is an original James Noble painting.  Excellent condition, well-framed, resale value £800-£900.

Expert:  marks699 replied 10 days ago.

Best of luck with it. If you’d like my personal help with any other items, please feel free to start another question (not in this chat window) by going back to www.justanswer.com and starting a new one. If you wish, you can ask for me by my screen name,Customer. Start the question with "FOR MARK APPRAISALS ONLY..." and I should be able to find it. You can also use either the "Ask me a new question" feature on your “My Questions” page or to add me to your Favorite Experts list if you would like to connect with me again. You can also use this link to reach me directly: https://www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-marks699/ Cheers! Mark