AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP, AAA
30223878

I have a oil painting signed, french scene, bought from a

I have a oil painting signed joyce, french scene, bought from a house sale in the 80's..24x36, are they collectable ?
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the painting is? What condition is it in?
Customer: very good condition but needs to be cleaned which i will not attempt
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: it's been under the bed in the spare room for over 20 years

Hi, my name is***** a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks/signatures? There is NO FEE for adding photos

Methods:

1. BEST OPTION: App/website option: There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button. If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos. Or there is a document icon with a blue UP arrow. The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

2. ONLY AVAILABLE TO SOME ACCOUNTS: Text option: You can send photos one at a time via return text. If you are getting texts from me, that’s your number—just REPLY (do not set up a new text). One photo per text and please make sure that there is at least one word typed in the text too so I can confirm it came in.

3. Social media option: post it with PUBLIC access to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, and send me the link

4. You can email them to *****@******.*** and cc *****@******.*** and ask them to either attach to this thread (give them the link) or forward them to AppraiserJM. This method takes at least a few hours to be forwarded, so try 1-3 above first! And make sure to let me know ASAP if you chose email. The email must come from the address you used to sign up for JustAnswer.

If that doesn’t work, please reach out to Customer Service for help at no additional charge:

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us 1(###) ###-####/p>

I look forward to working with you. Sincerely, Jennifer

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I can see the signature Joyce in the bottom right corner has you look at the picture, it's in a red/brown colour, there seems to be something underneath this but without it being cleaned i do not know, i do not want to attempt to clean it because it's oil on canvas and i would not like to damage it.... lable says 24/36" then style 1/11

Please add a close-up of the signature and a photo of the back. Thanks!

Jennifer

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I did say i didn't want to clean the painting but i will send you a few pics i think you can just see the signed joyce.

That's fine! I can. Can I see the overall/whole back? I like to see the construction.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
i did send it..i will try again, where are you based again?.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Sorry, the pictures before are blurry so i have retaken 2, my wife informs me that we brought this picture from a house sale in the 90's in Essington, a small town in Staffordshire.

Got it! I'm actually in New York but I do worldwide appraisals.

Jennifer

From the photos of the back and the materials, I can see that this is from the 1980s at the very earliest.

This is Paris street art, from the 1980s or thereabouts. The artist is an "unknown" or unlisted artist. This was an extremely popular souvenir during the period--hundreds of artists doing these paintings of local scenes and events for sale to visitors.

This is a good-looking example, with an Impressionist style, and I would estimate the resale at $125-$175.

Please let me know you got this response, and if I can help you further with this item.

Thanks for joining JustAnswer!

Sincerely,

Jennifer

If you have additional questions about this item, I am happy to continue working with you. Just continue our discussion in the reply box. I strive to always provide the best service I can. If you felt I left anything out, please let me know how I can help further.

If you’d like to request me for additional questions, please put “FOR JM ONLY” at the beginning of your question or use this link https://www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-jennem22/

Thanks for joining JustAnswer!

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Thanks for joining JustAnswer. I hope to help you again in the future!

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Thank You JM, very pleased with the overall response and will be using your service again for sure, Gary.

So happy I could help! Jennifer