marks699
marks699,
Experience:  dasdasd
112996622

FOR APPRAISALS ONLY please can I chat with Marks699, I am

FOR MARK APPRAISALS ONLY please can I chat with Marks699
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the item is?
Customer: I am continuing a previous conversation, Mark has the information required
JA: What condition is the item in?
Customer: re. Thomas Armstrong watercolour the portion being same as V&A painting - https://collections.vam.ac.uk/item/O16459/the-hay-field-oil-painting-armstrong-thomas/ so my one is watercolour, the V&A is oil. It's still one of their bestselling postcards. Would that not make quite a difference to the price? I will ask this question in the new conversation
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: all good thanks

Hi, this is Mark with JA. Thanks for asking for me. I think I can I help with the Armstrong. Stand by…

I found the one in the Victoria and Albert museum.  They are clearly not the same painting, but just as obviously done by the same artist.  There are some subtle differences between the two, like the position of the flower behind the girl's ear, position of the baby's hand, etc.  It seems likely that your painting was done as a study for the larger one.  I'm confident that my £900-£1000 evaluation is a good one.

Best of luck with it. If you’d like my personal help with any other items, please feel free to start another question (not in this chat window) by going back to www.justanswer.com and starting a new one. If you wish, you can ask for me by my screen name, marks699 . Start the question with "FOR MARK APPRAISALS ONLY..." and I should be able to find it. You can also use either the "Ask me a new question" feature on your “My Questions” page or to add me to your Favorite Experts list if you would like to connect with me again. You can also use this link to reach me directly: https://www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-marks699/ Cheers! Mark