Nora
Nora, ISA A.M. Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  ISA A.M., BA College Degree, Post-Grad Christie's Education London, 10 Yrs Art World NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. ISA A.M., USPAP Compliant through 2023
71377891

I have inherited (amongst many other items) a silver plate

I have inherited (amongst many other items) a silver plate spoon with an etched inscription in the (flat) bowl celebrating Queen Victoria's diamond jubilee. It hasn't been polished in quite some time. While I can see other jubilee spoons online, none of them look similar to this.
JA: What would you like to learn about the spoon?
Customer: I'm interested in a valuation plus also if I should polish it or leave unpolished
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the spoon is? What condition is it in?
Customer: from the inscription 1897. It is in good condition I think but unpolished
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: no
Thank you for your question here on justanswer.com.
I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.
Sincerely,
Nora

I will be happy to help you.

Please add images at your convenience.

To attach photos, there should be a blue document icon next to the SEND button.

Regards,

Nora

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Here are four photos, if you need any different views please let me know!

Thank you for the images.

I will post your answer here shortly.

Regards,

Nora

Thank you for your patience.

Value of your later 19th century, 1897, commemorative Queen Victoria Diamond Jubilee silver plated spoon by Slater Brothers is 15GBP - 30GBP.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** it was quick!

You are welcome.

Thank you again for trusting JustAnswer with your question and for granting me the opportunity to provide you with an answer.

If you have any additional questions about your item, or need me to clarify anything, please let me know.

I will also be happy to help with more items.

You can request me directly by typing @Nora at the beginning of a new question and there is also a “Favorite Experts” function.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
There are some other items that I think are more than just silver plate spoons. There is a solid silver trinket box with a faux tortoiseshell lid with silver inlay. From the hallmarks I have tentatively identified it as from William Comyns in 1906

I will be happy to help you with more items.

For each, you will have to start a new question request with images already attached and type @Nora at the beginning of the new request.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks will do

Great!

Regards,

Nora