Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

Is it safe to install a Neff gas hob in a wooden housing above

Customer Question

Is it safe to install a Neff gas hob in a wooden housing above a Neff single electric fan oven in my kitchen - with an authorised Neff engineer doing the gas connections and sign off, please.
BR david
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

Yes its safe to install in a wooden housing as to be honest nearly all kitchen units and work tops are wooden so that's not a problem.

But there are restrictions on locations of units above it. There cannot be any unit directly above the hob under 600mm from the hob itself and there must be a gap of about 40mm away from the edge of the hob so the units above the hob don't over hang it.

But installing into a wooden housing unit isn't a problem.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.