How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Techdesk Your Own Question
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 16409
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Techdesk is online now

Hi I have an American style fridge /freezer which has defrosted

Customer Question

Hi I have an American style fridge /freezer which has defrosted overnight,and I need someone to tell me if it can be fixed,I live in Biggleswade Beds.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.


You could try a local repairer (not an electrician) or a national one.


To determine if it can be repaired or not would require an engineer to visit (if you can't diagnose it yourself) and determine the cause.


Click here to find a local repairer (if there is one).

Fill in your details and it will list engineers that repair your appliance.


Alternatively, click here for the current offer from British Gas.

They'll repair the appliance for a fixed price. Put the appliance on a contract and they reduce the price of the repair, normally.

If they can't fix it, there's no charge.


If you want to try repairing it yourself, check the compressor at the bottom rear of the machine to see if it's running.

Check for any ice inside the freezer.


If the compressor is running and there's no ice, it's a system fault and isn't a diy repair.


Hope this helps