How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Techdesk Your Own Question
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 16409
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Techdesk is online now

fridge freezer model no ffp 187bp there is ice forming

Customer Question

fridge freezer model no ffp 187bp

there is ice forming at the bottom of the freezer
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.


Is the ice under the bottom drawer?

Is the appliance working ok in the freezer and fridge? (apart from the ice).



Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the ice is under the bottom freezer drawer


the appliance seems to be working ok

Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.


OK, thanks for that.


The most likely, and common, cause of the problem you have, is the drain hole below the evaporator in the freezer is blocked.


You can either do a full defrost of the appliance and hope it's an ice blockage.

This would allow the ice to melt and the blockage to clear.

Roughly 36 hours, doors open, in a warm room (unplugged obviously) would sort it out.


Alternatively, unplug the appliance.

Take the rear panels inside the freezer compartment off.

Take the fan panel off.

This will expose the evaporator (mass of pipework).

Under it, you'll find the draining tray.

Fully defrost the tray and the drain hole in it.

Once water can flow down this, into the tray on top of the compressor at the bottom rear, the fault will be sorted out.


Check it out, see what you find and get back to me.


Obviously, if you cannot do the work yourself, you'll need to get someone in to do it for you.

Hope this helps