Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years experience in appliance repair
13353276

I have a large double door Fridge Freezer (no ice maker so

I have a large double door Fridge Freezer (no ice maker so probably not connected to a water supply) which keeps leaking from the base. Seems to come from below the freezer drawer....the reservoir below the freezer drawer is, in fact, full of ice. What do I do?
Your defrost drain is frozen/clogged shut, here is a video on how to clear it. it may not be exactly your model, but should be very close...

Click here for video

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thanks a lot for this, tho a friend had suggested that this was the problem, I could not see any defrost drain outlet in this fridge...I have always had one before, which was easy to access. It was worth paying to have this confirmed and also to see how tricky it will be to fix!

I am an OAP, neither am I a fridge repair man, so I will have to get someone in to fix this. NO POINTS TO MAYTAG, I love this fridge for storage, it is brilliant, but am sorely disappointed with this poor performance.

I understand. Goodluck on the repair..