Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years experience in appliance repair
13353276

While waiting for the part Ihad the washing machine Ser No

While waiting for the part Ihad the washing machine Ser No CT2240292 upside down when I replaced the part &turned it upright again about a cupfull of oil run out How can Ireplace the oil &is 90 gearoil O.K.
Laurence

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Yes 90 gear oil is okay to replace what you loss..

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I wanted to know where to replace the oil

You have to remove the cover and replace it, on 90% of all whirlpool products, the oil most likely leaked out of the small vent hole, the oil is reinstalled by removing the top cover of the unit to replace it..