How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Your Own Question
Michael, Customer Service
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 9568
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Michael is online now

I have a fridge/freezer (model: G32026PELB S/N: 12947234NN)

Customer Question

I have a fridge/freezer (model: G32026PELB S/N: 12947234NN) which has been fine for about four years but, yesterday, stopped working. The light still comes on so it's not the power, it's just the cold element doesn't work in both the fridge and the freezer. What can I do?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 4 years ago.


Hi sorry to hear that.

When the unit is on, and set to a low temperature do you ever hear the compressor behind the unit near the floor running?

You will need to remove the lower rear access panel and locate a round black ball part that is the compressor. I need to know if it is humming and warm?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear Michael,


Thank you for your response but I've had to call a local repairer here in England. He tells me that, as you suspected, it's compressor failure and it has to be replaced. However, despite my resorting to a different company, your rating with me is very good since you diagnosed it correctly. Your only mistake was in assuming that I am in any way capable of being 'hands on' - which is why I had to get a local expert in. But thanks, anyway.


Best regards,



Expert:  Michael replied 4 years ago.


Hi Rich, the repair requires soldering and a bunch more. I didn't meant to sound that way:-(

There are many different replacement compressors you can use for that.

If you need me please reply to me anytime:-)

Have a great day!

Thank you

Tech Michael