How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrew Smith Your Own Question
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 3756
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Andrew Smith is online now

tried to adjust water pressure ( as Ive been shown by plumber)

Customer Question

tried to adjust water pressure ( as I've been shown by plumber) and pipe at back of boiler now leaking. What can i do to fix this?

Pressure gauge veering to red.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 4 years ago.
Red as in high pressure?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes. Have also switched off. turned to 0 rather than 1.


There has always been a problem with pressure- upstairs radiator only half works) and a plumber has afixed big round red cylinder thingy to pipe nearby if that makes sense.

Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 4 years ago.
It sounds like the filling point has been left slightly on.
Can you make sure the tap is off and then bleed a radiator into a bowl and take the pressure back down to 1.5bar
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

and how do I bleed a radiator. Isn't there anything less cumbersome I can do?


When should I turn stuff back on?

Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 4 years ago.
You bleed a radiator with a radiator key.
You can turn it back on when you have dropped the pressure to a safe level
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 4 years ago.
Did you manage to get the pressure back down again?