Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

dishwasher showing fault E14

dishwasher showing fault E14
Hi Sorry to hear that,
STEP 1
Bosch indicates several error messages to warn you that there is a problem in the machine. If the display is showing E14 and it has a check water beside it, this means the unit is experiencing a filling problem. This may be due to a fault in the flow meter of the unit. The water is flowing but the machine has not registered any.

STEP 2
Turn off the machine and pull it to expose the side. You will see a plastic tank which has the flow meter inside. You should unplug the wire to the switch and put it back again and restart the unit. Keep doing this until the flow meter registers that there is water inside the dishwasher.
Please let me know what you find. and Since this question may continue for some time, if you will rate my service as good or better
before you close this window, the system here will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you
so your question won't close or time out and you can contact me anytime at no additional cost.
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Have followed your instructions several times but check water E14 still displays! Please advise what to do next. Thank you. Maureen.

Hi Maureen,, that means most likely the flow meter is bad and needs to be replaced.
I will help you do this and you can get that from: espares,
0844 9777 888

Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays

Calls from within the UK are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.

eSpares Ltd
13-14 Chelsea Wharf
15 Lots Road
London
SW10 0QJ
United Kingdom

Sorry, but you cannot collect parts from this address. We're a delivery only company.

Fax: 0844 557 3515
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Michael. Am I correct to understand by your reply that although water can be seen flowing through the water meter it can still be faulty? This is a dishwasher that has not been used for 2 years. Air bubbles seen also. water meter does not seem an expensive item but should it not solve problem what would be the next suggestion to try? If parts are to be expensive I wonder if it may be uneconomical to repair. I look forward to your reply. Thank you. Maureen.

Hi Maureen,
Yes, just because water flows through the meter, doesn't mean it is reading and responding;-)
Especially since the unit wasn't used for 2 years.
That would also add weight to this question because when the unit wasn't used, the water trapped inside dried and gunked up a bit so that would mean I believe there is a very good chance that replacing the flow meter will solve this issue:-)
I will be here when you have that part.
Please let me know how it goes or if you need advice on replacing it when you have it:-)
Have a safe and happy holiday season!
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Michael. Thanks for your reply. I will get back to you once things are back to normal after the holiday period. Wishing you a happy festive time.

Maureen.

Hi Maureen, I wish you the same:-)
Talk with you when your ready.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Good morning Michael. Happy New Year.

I have now a new flow meter and would like advice on fitting it please Thank you.

Regards.

Maureen.