How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rob Your Own Question
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 420
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Rob is online now

Hi, Ive got a fixed whirlpool cooking hob/oven type FCSM6

Customer Question

Hi, I've got a fixed whirlpool cooking hob/oven type FCSM6 and i'm after the rubber around the hob. It's some sort of white heat resistance seal/rubber around the hob to keep it tighten to the wood surface and prevent expositing any space around the wood surface. I've gone to B&Q but they don't have replacement and said I should check online as it's some special specific rubber seal I have to get. I've checked the internet for hours but can't seem to find what I am looking for. Please I will like to know exactly what this hob heat resistance seal/rubber is called and where I can buy it.

Many thanks.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.
Can you post the model number of the appliance please?
The type number doesn't identify your appliance.
Are you sure it's a rubber seal and not silicon the kitchen fitters have used?
Normally it's a foam seal supplied with the hob.