bryanpaul52
bryanpaul52, Customer Service
Experience:  Appliance Tech
10522817

The ice making bit of my Maytag fridge freezer isnt working.

The ice making bit of my Maytag fridge freezer isn't working. No water is going into the ice-maker, I can't figure out if the valve that allows water into the mechanism isn't working, or if it is the motor mechanism in the ice making piece that is broken.
Do you know if the ice maker is cycling ? the fingers moving ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, the plastic fingers in the ice-making bit aren't moving

okay it means the ice maker itself is the issue, luckily this is not an expensive one, its around $50.00 at this link,http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Ice-Maker-Assembly/W10190972/1471731?modelNumber=GC2227GEH1?RCAID=1000065 copy and paste that link to your browser.
its Manufacturer Number part W10190972, in case you want to look around for the best price. thanks and Please remember to rate my service 3 or above before you sign off, If you need more info, please ask me – I’ll be happy to reply. You can always ask follow-up questions until you have the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you! Bryan