Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius+ WF740 washing machine that has

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius+ WF740 washing machine that has just stopped in mid cycle.
The display shows an error code (F-05).

How can I fix this problem so that I can finnish washing my clothes?
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.

How old is your washer?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not sure. I bought it 2nd hand about 6 years ago so maybe about 10 years old.

Thanks Mike,

Usually F05, in which case it means that the pressure switch is jammed on full.
You need to remove lower rear panel of washer.
Remove large black hose on bottom of drum.
Remove and clean filter inside hose.
Remove hose onto pump, and check for blockage or obstruction here as well, and look inside the pump.
This should solve your problem.
I will stick with you in case you need me further but Since this may take some time, if you will rate me in a positive fashion before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Tech Michael